[K12OSN] NorthTec MicroClient Jr

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Mar 9 16:42:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:03:55 -0600 (CST), Barry Cisna wrote
> Hi jim,
>
>   Yes USB ports works fine "out of the box",,(v 1.1)
> Ill make things easy and I can email you the compiled sound module,,just
> paste into your /opt/ltsp/i386/kernel/drivers/sound  :
> then just add a ws00x in your lts.conf for each client and point to this
> sound module.
> SIS7019 is sound modle you compile.
> I'll get a how to posted in the next couple days.
> Ill see if I can do a how to as well for compiling yourself,,if you like
> the challenge..
> What version of K12LTSP are you using at present?

This will be for a completely new setup.  I am stuck between Edubuntu Feisty
and K12LTSP6.  I have been testing both.  I really like the ease of upgrade
Edubuntu offers and the large debian repository, but K12LTSP still seems
faster and packaged better....decisions, decisions.  If you could email me
module and your lts.conf lines that would be great.  I hope to make a purchase
within the next couple months.  Looking at a new LDAP server with 2 LTSP
servers to start and a separate file server with an attached PowerVault.  Then
depending on performance I might hand some application specific servers off
the whole thing.  I want to start with about 100 clients and ramp up to about
200 within the next year.  So I need to plan this out right from the beginning
and be sure I have a plan in place that can grow.  This will be the biggest
rollout I have ever thought of attempting with LTSP.