[K12OSN] Error User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored?

David D. Nelson nelsda at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 06:31:42 UTC 2007

Does any one know how to fix the error "User's
$HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored. This prefents the
default session and language from being saved. File
should be owned by user and have 644 permission.
User's $HOME directory must be owned by user and not
writable by ohters."

This showed up when I login as root at the server
console. I looked at /root and found it was set to
nobody:nobody so I did a chown -R root:root /root but
this did not remove the error. Next I did a chmod 644
/root/.dmrc and I still get the error. The only thing
I did was change SELinux from Permissive to Disabled
mode and rebooted.

This is on K12LTSP 6 with all the updates.

Thank you,

David D. Nelson
nelsda at yahoo.com