[K12OSN] [OT] Why avoid html email

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Mon Mar 12 15:12:23 UTC 2007

What I see everybody missing here is the fact that it's ENTIRELY up to
the person composing the email whether they want to top-post,
bottom-post, or inline-post their replies.

The very most important thing to me is, to make it as easy as possible
for someone to offer their support on this (or any) list.

For me, sometimes i've got a quick answer, and I'll just post it at the top.

Sometimes, the person asking the question does so in a way that is
formatted like a list of questions.  In those cases, it makes great
sense for me to try and answer each question individually, so that's
what I'll do.

But above all, if someone wants to take a few seconds of their time to
try and help somebody, the last thing I'll do is criticize how they post
(top/bottom/inline).   I'm MUCH more interested in the answer, than how
it is presented.

If I were a LTRFTP (Long time reader, first time poster), and I posted a
reply, and then had somebody tell me my method of replying was wrong,
that'd be the last post I ever made to that list.

And now, i'll shut up, cuz I can't stand getting involved in discussions
like this.  They do nothing to help people use the software that we're
so busy trying to provide.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org