[K12OSN] Blade Server for LTSP?

Luke Maslany l.maslany at coventry.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 14:19:06 UTC 2007

Just to add to Gavin's account of the HP c-Class BladeSystem we are looking to replace a four of our current HP ProLiant 360's with a HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosure and two BL460c blades (with a third later this year) for our Windows Terminal Server offering.  In our case the BladeSystem solution is comparable in price to the standard HP server equivalents.

As Gavin suggests it is our intention to move towards blades as and when servers need to be replaced.  The chances of me getting a spare to play with LTSP remains quite small though... :(

Luke

Luke Maslany
Systems and Networking