[K12OSN] server won;t start

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:25:16 UTC 2007

Somehow I got ldap going again. It was hard, because every time I
rebooted I had to wait for so long.
I took advice from another email how to shorten the boot time by
editing the ldap.conf file.

Adding these lines so if it can't find what it is looking for it just
drops out straight away without waiting too long.

timelimit 5
bind_timelimit 5
bind_policy soft

I tried reinstalling, reconfiguring etc numerous times without much
luck. But finally after init 1 then init 5 one last time suddenly ldap
started working.

I think the key things to look out for are:
1. You need to init 1 (or reboot) to get the client connected.
2. The only change I made to the configuration made by the install
script was to uncomment out host 127.0.0.1  192.168.0.253 (my server
IP address)
in /etc/ldap.conf  (and maybe /etc/openldap/ldap.conf)
I can't think of anything else that I did.