[K12OSN] SATA RAID recommendation for /home server.

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:58:40 UTC 2007

OK. This does seem to be the best option.
I just have a few questions.
1. Once I add the gigabitLan card and the SATA2 Card won't that
saturate the PCI bus?
2. Should I keep /home on its on array (raid 1) and put / on an ata
drive? I thought that this way if I need to move to another system I
can keep /home intact. Would having  / on an ata  drive affect
performance much? Or am I better off just putting /home in its own
partion on the same drive as /home?

Thanks.
Krsnendu dasa