[K12OSN] via vt1612 audio driver

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Mar 18 17:34:40 UTC 2007

  Petre,

  This would be v,,e,,r,,y much a long shot but see if you can see on the
server what module that your oss-alsa package created. Say it is listed
as
" oss-alsa " . Do a ' rmmod oss-alsa '  at the server. Do a lsmod to make
sure it is NOT showing now. Now boot up your little 2300 box. See if sound
appears. if it does you'll know that is actually the culprit. I'm guessing
when you reboot the server that module will be back. If it does not
reslove anything just do a " insmod oss-alsa ' to refurbish it into the
server kernel again.
You should have sound back on your other cleints as before( I Hope),,,:)
I would guess the oss-alsa install has probably hijacked some other perms
etc as well?
Its worth a shot. I would guess there are other underlying residue
somewere,,though.

Good day,

Barry Cisna