[K12OSN] Virtual IP Addresses

Mel Wade mel at melwade.com
Fri Mar 23 14:27:43 UTC 2007

Citrix has introduced this technology in their latest version:

Network addresses—Virtual IP addressing enables the use of applications that
need a unique network address for each instance in order to be compatible
with the virtualized application environment.
http://www.citrix.com/English/ms/top.asp?contentID=25958

This is different than the browser running on the client.

What Dan suggests sound right.  Would different applications use these
addresses?

This is really important for content filtering applications where
authentication is involved.  We are planning on expanding our system to 3
K12LTSP servers and 225 clients this summer.  I really need to be able have
users authenticate on a third party system to track internet rights and
usage system wide.

--
Mel Wade
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF