[K12OSN] Lists of thin clients.

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Mar 25 19:30:40 UTC 2007

hi vince,

 the best resource for now is to look at the wiki page that Jim M,posted.
I bought a couple of the Neoware 5000's a couple years ago,for a little
bit of nothing off of Ebay and they both pxe booted fine. They are decent
for thin client use.Especially for testing for someone starting out. no
fans etc either.The only downside to these are they only have 4mb of
video ram,which when running java apps is very noticeable. Ther are
fairly compact and simple and only one button, so they would be good for
school use. ( less buttons less poking),,,:)Also the usb ports are not
setup in ltsp/k12ltsp either as they are the geode prcessor,but possibly
with some googling you can find a way to make the usb's work? I had to
put an addon soundcard in them as well as the onboard sound you heard the
processor "squeeking" through the audio jack?

Hope this gives a little resource into this.

Barry