Re: [K12OSN] Update on Morley's K12LTSP situation

I also wrote a wiki page on 'repairing' Flash 9's broken sound, mostly for my own purposes. So, now we have three accounts of how to get Flash 9 sound working--this is a good thing, no such thing as too much documentation. I've put links to all three on the wiki under Software/Admin, clumped together. Tom, I couldn't find the top level page that pointed to your notes on getting stuff to work with the 64-bit install, so I just made a link to it under Software/Admin.

Peter

Tom Wolfe wrote:
Hi Nick, well I have to say it's not easy at all.

I wrote my own wiki entry. The page you named was none too helpful, but at
least it gave me the idea of trying pulseaudio. I hope that my own entry
is at least a little better, but I haven't had any feedback on it and I
can't yet say whether it has any errors. It uses yum instead of the rpm
stuff. You might have to enable additional repositories, I've forgotten.

See
http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Getting_flash_to_work_with_sound_in_64_bit_platform

This works for K12LTSP 6.0 64-bit, but I would think you could adapt the
bottom half for 32-bit and ignore the top half.

Please let me know if it works for you. It's pretty straightforward once
you figure it out (or so I seem to recall). But I went through misery
trying many, many things that didn't work. Why it isn't a simple,
functional default is beyond me.... the web as a multimedia tool depends
on Flash with Sound. Or am I completely confused??

The pleasure I felt when I first successfully fired up a noisy Google
video cannot be described.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe