Re: [K12OSN] Firefox crashes

Michael Blinn wrote:
> Disabling JavaScript makes everything work. The Bummer is that the LAMP
> database I wrote for our staff uses quite a bit of JavaScript, so I
> can't turn it off for everyone. I think test #2309385 will be to update
> to v6, which (I think) has a newer xorg, gnome and metacity, and see if
> it still happens.. at least now we know the root cause.

If you wanted to cherry-pick the latest Firefox (v2 from the upcoming
Fedora 7), you could:

yum --enablerepo=development update firefox

While I did this (on FC6) and it worked great for me, caveat emptor and
all that. It's probably a one way upgrade for your Firefox profiles, etc.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services