Re: [K12OSN] yum update and etc/k12ltsp-release

Dan Young wrote:

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking here. Yum update will
perform updates within a certain release. It will not upgrade you
between releases, though it can be made to do so by installing the
k12ltsp-release from a newer release.

This can have mixed results. Getting the new ISOs and upgrading through
the installer is the preferred upgrade method.

Thanks Dan

rsync'ing the 5.x files as we speak.

We have been installing fresh for years. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that starting with ver 5 we could run yum update and not have to reinstall similar to debian apt-get dist upgrade.