[K12OSN] server hostname problems

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Mon May 7 22:18:27 UTC 2007

I installed K12LTSP 5.0.0EL and my network card was not recognized.  So
the installer skipped the part about setting the hostname.  I've since
gotten the network card working and set the hostname with the Network
GUI tool in the Gnome menu.  But when I joined this machine to my Active
Directory domain, my domain controller shows it as
"localhost.localdomain" instead of it's fully-qualified domain name.

have a CentOS 4 server that is properly recognized by the domain
controller, so I think I must have something that's not set right in the
K12LTSP machine.  Can somebody point me to a list of steps to take to
properly set the hostname of my server?  Command line is fine, maybe
even preferable.

Thanks.

-Rob