Re: [K12OSN] System76

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2007 11:49:36 -0400, Jim McQuillan wrote
Daniel Bodanske wrote:
I ordered a new computer from the local shop last week. I went all
Intel specifically because the drivers were in the kernel and I
wouldn't have to mess around with anything. I gave the tech a list of
specific, well-supported chips.

I picked it up last night, went to install Ubuntu 7.04, and found he'd
slipped a crap Marvel wireless card in instead of the Intel Pro I had
ordered.

Sometimes, even when you research and plan, you still can't get things to work.
Talk to the System76 guys. They should be able to make it right. Two of the guys from there were here in Sevilla, Spain for the Ubuntu developer summit this week. They're good guys, and I'm guessing it was just an honest mistake made by someone.

Didn't that system come with Feisty pre-loaded?

Jim, I don't think the system referred to above was actually a System76 machine.  I
think that was really just from a "local shop".  Maybe this was from System76 but I
don't think so.

Heh, I guess I learned my lesson. I was assuming the subject line was actually relevant to the email.

Jim.