Re: [K12OSN] Just about ready to make a purchase

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

I had looked at using SMB/LDAP along with multiple less powerful load balanced LTSP
servers, but from my testing the NFS shared /home and the remote users in LDAP had a
significant effect in speeds. Machine bootup and general navigation seemed delayed. This is why I am looking at keeping storage and user accounts local on a single server.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. There shouldn't be much traffic to /home during bootup. Are you sure you didn't create a network bottleneck with server location? I'd expect several dual-nic servers with isolated client networks to be faster.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com