[K12OSN] [Solved] Centos5 hangs at System Message Bus

I solved it myself :-)

Looking in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d the messagebus service was started as S22 where as ldap was started at S27 so the messagebus service was trying to run BEFORE ldap had started hence all the "unable to bind" messages in /var/log/messages.

I just started ldap as S20 with using the following

cp -S /etc/init.d/ldap S20ldap
rm /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S27ldap

This made ldap start BEFORE message bus and no the problem has gone away :-)

Can anyone see any problem with this ??

Brian

the views of Portsmouth College