Re: [K12OSN] Just about ready to make a purchase

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Seems kind of pricey for an extra scsi cable though. Most likely you
can't just buy another scsi cable as Dell has to integrate it into the
backplane.

yeah, the $300 price tag is for the split 2x5 backplane instead of the single 1x10
backplane.  But after going back and running through the config with the 2x5 backplane I
don't have the option for RAID 10.  So either they just don't give me a radio button to
select, or it isn't possible to spread the RAID across the split backplane.  I will call
Dell to confirm this.  I can see the benefit to using two controller interfaces.

If you want it to survive a controller/cable failure you'd need to do software raid1 with one drive on each side. I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble.

--
   Les Mikesell
     les futuresource com