Re: [K12OSN] Looking to gather and maybe graph logon stats (Re:Just about ready to make a purchase)

John Baillie wrote:
Hello,
I've been following Jim K's thread on purchasing a new server.
Re: [K12OSN] Just about ready to make a purchase

It got me thinking about gathering some stats on our concurrent usage.

I've imported a few syslogs into a spread sheet but this isn't the way to go about this ;-)

Can anyone suggest a tool for analyzing my syslogs so I can get this data?

For some small number of machines, cacti is easy to set up and use. If you want to monitor hundreds of machines or network devices, opennms looks like a good choice although it is harder to install.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com