Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0 EL test #3

On 4/24/07, Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:

I have a new test build of K12LTSP 5.0 EL, based on the final version of
CentOS 5.0 + all released patches. Both 32bit & 64bit builds are available.

Unlike the previous test build, this one has had a fair of testing. Odds
are greater than 50% that it won't eat your hard drive ;-)

Hi Eric,

I tried installing 5.0EL from a  DVD  and I am able to boot the DVD. I
get to a point after the boot: prompt where it asks for my language
and keyboard then it asks from what media do I want to install from. I
choose CDROM as there is no DVD option. It responds with no cdrom
found. I have tried

linux hda=cdrom
linux hdb=cdrom
linux hdc=cdrom
linux hdd=cdrom

linux install all-generic-ide

I also tried connecting the DVD to another ide port in the MB and
tried all of the above again. No luck. If I can't figure this out I am
going to have to download and burn the cd isos. Or maybe put the DVD
in another box and loopback mount it and NFS export that dir.

--
Robert Arkiletian