Re: [K12OSN] LokiWall...anyone use it?

Just found these guys:  http://www.peplink.com/

Who have the product I seek... yippee!
for under $1k too.

--Huck

James P. Kinney III wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 17:33 -0700, Huck wrote:
Has anyone used this http://www.fluence.nl/lokiwall/
for load balancing/dual routing/fail over...of 2 dsl or a dsl and a cable connection?

We're finding rapidly that with multiple teachers streaming content from the web 1.5mb DSL just doesn't get it done anymore.

1. Load up squid proxy for caching!! That will do a lot for reducing the
load on the feeble WAN connection.

2. I just loaded a dual-homed server using the following script to
provide dual access to 2 WAN connections and load balancing between the
two connections. Note: eth1 and 2 are WAN and eth0 in LAN. This machine
acts as a router (and also has web sites hosted on both WAN IPs. The
only "gotcha" is the LAN can't "see" the web sites on the router
machine. I'm working on that...

#!/bin/sh
IF0='eth0'
IF1='eth1'
IF2='eth2'
IP0='ip address here for eth0'
IP1='ip address here for eth1'
IP2='ip address here for eth2'
P0='eth0 gateway IP'
P1='eth1 gateway IP'
P2='eth2 gateway IP'
P0_NET='eth0 net'
P1_NET='eth1 net'
P2_NET='eth2 net'

ip route add $P0_NET dev $IF0 src $IP0 table T0
ip route add default via $P0 table T0

ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1 table T1
ip route add default via $P1 table T1

ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2 table T2
ip route add default via $P2 table T2

ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1
ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2
ip route add $P0_NET dev $IF0 src $IP0

#ip route add default via $P1

ip rule add from $IP1 table T1
ip rule add from $IP2 table T2
ip rule add from $IP0 table T0

ip route add $P1     dev $IF1 table T0
ip route add $P2     dev $IF2 table T0
ip route add $P0     dev $IF0 table T0
ip route add 127.0.0.0/8 dev lo   table T0

ip route add $P0_NET     dev $IF0 table T1
ip route add $P2_NET     dev $IF2 table T1
ip route add 127.0.0.0/8 dev lo   table T1

ip route add $P0_NET     dev $IF0 table T2
ip route add $P1_NET     dev $IF1 table T2
ip route add 127.0.0.0/8 dev lo   table T2

ip route add default scope global nexthop via $P1 dev $IF1 weight 1 \
nexthop via $P2 dev $IF2 weight 1

Last line is wrapped at the "\". It does the load balancing. Change the
weights if one line is faster than the other. For me, the system is a
server and both DSL lines have 768k upload so equal weights. For
downloads one is 6Mb the other is 3Mb so I would reweigh to use 2:1.
--Huck