Re: [K12OSN] some scripting help

found this in my archives:

Wrote one for you....try this...make it executable.

!#/bin/bash
for x in `ls /home`; do
echo "Doing $x ..."
cd /home/${x}/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache
rm -Rf *
done

**NOTE: Dave Trask did the above.

Mon Jan 16 2006 at 10:45 +0000 wrote:
> >I know I've seen it on the list, but I can't find the script somebody
> >had that runs a cron job to delete all users internet cache files. Could
> >someone please direct me to that.
> >Thanks
> >Mark
> >
> >--

--Huck

Ray Garza wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to convince my boss to expand K12LTSP services to include some PC's in the Children's Department (I work at a public Library) and a separate room we use to allow Chatting and Guest computers. But, before I can do the expansion, I need to come up with a way to copy Firefox Cache from each account to a single folder for his inspection. I was thinking that a script could do the job. Let me demonstrate what the script should do.

get this
/home/P042024/.../cache/somefilename

to this
/somefolder/P042024somefilename.jpg

Do it for every account on the server.

Scan all the home folders, find firefox cache and attach the account name to the beginning of the filename and attach ".jpg" to the end.

Maybe add to copy only files that are within two weeks

If I can get something like that and demonstrate it then I have the green light to expand Linux usage in out Library.

You know I'm have a Deja Vu moment. I thought I'd posted something like this before but I couldn't find it in the archives.

PS: I would like to learn scripting - any good books that you can recommend?

Ray Garza
Coordinator of Computer Services
Speer Memorial Library