[K12OSN] vmware on k12ltspel5

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 11 15:59:46 UTC 2007

When trying to run VMware-server-1.0.3-44356 on the centos5 based
version of k12ltsp, I got:

# vmware
/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware:
/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)

I did the quick fix of copying /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 on top of it but
I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.  Also, I haven't seen
this mentioned on the Centos list but a google search shows it happens
on several other distributions, so I'm not sure if it is k12ltsp
specific or not.  Has anyone else run into this?

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com