[K12OSN] Firefox crashes

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:17:43 UTC 2007

i think it's an i810 driver issue.
i've set the terminal's X to use "XSERVER = vesa" in lts.conf
and all firefox's crashes are gone ! - every thing works fine :-)

flash 9 worked well before that on different video card configurations also
firefox 2.x and 1.5.x with embedded video and audio mplayer-plugin.

i tried disabling the JavaScript in firefox (v2) and it didn't made any
difference.

so it comes down to i810 (4MB ram) with firefox (v2) that's crashing  the X.

i'll test some more machines next week to see if it's a specific hardware
issue
or it's all the Compaq with i810 video cards that we just got.