Re: [K12OSN] Firefox crashes

i think it's an i810 driver issue.
i've set the terminal's X to use "XSERVER = vesa" in lts.conf
and all firefox's crashes are gone ! - every thing works fine :-)

flash 9 worked well before that on different video card configurations also firefox 2.x and 1.5.x with embedded video and audio mplayer-plugin.

i tried disabling the _javascript_ in firefox (v2) and it didn't made any difference.

so it comes down to i810 (4MB ram) with firefox (v2) that's crashing  the X.

i'll test some more machines next week to see if it's a specific hardware issue
or it's all the Compaq with i810 video cards that we just got.