[K12OSN] do static IP thin clients need kernel specified?

I just noticed that nowhere in my dhcpd.conf file do I specify a
filename (for the kernel) for my static IP thin clients.  They boot up
fine, but I'm wondering if that could be causing my local printing
issues.

The only place I have a filename= line is in the dynamic range.

-Rob