[K12OSN] v6, ESD, ALSA

So my upgrade to v6 went well. I had to uninstall/reinstall OOo (and got down to just x86_64 from that and i386), and also had to uninstall FF.x86_64, as it had snuck in. However, I'm having some issues with sound.

Through perseverance and much head-banging I have everything working through ESD except totem-xine. After being stuck there for a long time, I tried to fix this and a/v sync issues in flash by using Gideon Romm's package at http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2 - Unfortunately, I now have no sound in any program, using ESD or ALSA.

My sound cards are being found by the kernel properly, as lspci -vv correctly shows all details. I found a thread in January where Caleb Wagnon was describing a similar problem, but the thread just ends (http://www.redhat.ru/archives/k12osn/2007-January/msg00502.html). Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
  -Michael