Re: [K12OSN] client x-server doesn't start

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-GrayScreen

Paul Karrel wrote:
Hi
I need some help getting the X-server going if I set session_01 in
LTS.conf = to shell the client starts bash-2.05 but when I change that
to startx the client stops with the x cusor on the screen. I can start another session ctrl-alt f2 if I
use tail on the file /tmp/mnt/xorg.log the log stops at
mouse1:ps2EnableData reporting:succeded

I am trying to use K12ltsp 6, there are no error messages in the file
/var/log/messages or /var/log/gdm/:o.log.

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome.

I have checked [xdmcp]  for Enable=true; in kdmrc

in xdm-config Xacess * is not commented out and
DisplayManager.requestPort:0 is commented out

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome. I can run fedora with
xwindows from a hard drive on the client

Paul Karrel
Computer Workshop
Trent University