Re: [K12OSN] OT: scripting help

Peter Scheie wrote:
I'm no python wizard, but it seems to me that problem is that strftime is a string formatting method, and you want to add an integer to that string, which doesn't make sense to python. But there might be some other time function you could use in place of that line.

If strftime is anything like it's C counterpart, it works in localtime anyway so all you have to do is export an appropriate TZ setting in the environment before running. If you are running a command line program you can just put the assignment ahead of the command like:

TZ=EST5EDT date
TZ=CST6CDT date

But, shouldn't ical items be in UTC?

--