Re: [K12OSN] OT: scripting help

Assuming that value is a datetime object, which it looks like, you could do something like this:

return (value + timedelta(hours=4)).strftime('%Y%m%dT%H%M%S')

depending on how it's imported, you might need to use datetime.timedelta instead of timedelta...

Cheers,
Vern Ceder

Peter Scheie wrote:
I'm no python wizard, but it seems to me that problem is that strftime is a string formatting method, and you want to add an integer to that string, which doesn't make sense to python. But there might be some other time function you could use in place of that line.

Petre

Peter Hartmann wrote:
I am trying to hack schooltool to export an ical in our timezone
instead of UTC.  I'm hoping that this is trivial....   in icalendar.py
i'm trying to alter this line to add 4 hours.

return value.strftime('%Y%m%dT%H%M%S')

I tried this:

return value.strftime('%Y%m%dT%H+4%M%S')

but in the resluting ical file it gave me this:

DTSTART:20051204T14+40000Z

It printed +4 instead of doing the math.  can this be done on one line?

Thanks,
Peter