From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On Behalf
Of slashdotfx
Sent: May-15-07 8:26 PM
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] School printer server

On 5/16/07, Jeremy Schubert <jschubert shaw ca> wrote:
Sorry, I might not have used the correct terminology.  I'm not looking for
physical device to connect a printer to a computer.

I'm looking for a program that would share out printers to all students
(using a daemon???).   And something on which we could enable quotas and
have logging of who prints what?

take a look at CUPS (Common Unix Printing System), it should be
already on K12LTSP,
it has quotas and logging feature you wanted.