[K12OSN] Building a Print server

I have currently implemented a Fedora Core 6 (soon to be moved to Centos 5) print server using CUPS.  I’m moving all my users to printing to the queues on this server (both Windows, Mac, and Linux).  You should follow the instructions for using the CUPS/MS postscript drivers so you can easily deploy to Windows clients using a login script.  The CUPS/MS drivers don’t need local admin access for the user to use the queues…. So no more adding special printer drivers to each client for each printer… they all use the same CUPS/MS drivers.  The next step for me is to use pykota.    I’ve got a central view of all the print jobs now so I can see if something is jammed.

Henry Burroughs

Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School

www.hhprep.org