Re: [K12OSN] fuse problems on 5.0.0EL -- Bug confirmed

Rob Owens wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:43:09PM -0700, Dan Young wrote:
Rob Owens wrote:
I confirmed that this same set of problems exist on a 2nd machine which
is running K12LTSP 5.0.0EL.  So apparently it's not something that I
screwed up--it came that way.
RHEL 5 (and thus CentOS5 -> K12LTSP 5EL) ships with FUSE disabled.

To enable it, I assume I would need to:

1) make sure fuse is installed (it is)
2) "modprobe fuse" to load the module (I get "module not found")

Is there a step I'm missing?

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. They have the FUSE /kernel module/ disabled. External kernel modules are, uh, interesting to build, as I understand it. Probably not for the weak hearted. They need to match the running kernel, so every time the kernel is updated, you need to rebuild the module.

I thought I heard that ATrpms is building said kernel module. Google pointed me to this:

http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/fuse/

CentOS has occasionally built kernels with options turned on that aren't on in the RHEL kernels (Appletalk comes to mind). Don't know if they'll do the same for 5.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services