[K12OSN] maxterm / neoware terminals from ebay?

I'm thinking of buying some neoware or maxterm terminals from Ebay. Has anyone used them? I'm concerned about whether it will be possible to upgrade the thin client image or not. Their "ezupdate" or whatever thin client software seems for sale, not free.

I'm not sure if they support PXE/Etherboot either, making other options available.

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507