Re: [K12OSN] fstab not automatically mounting /home on other server

Krsnendu,

The reason your nfs filesystem isn't getting mounted at bootup is likely because the /etc/fstab file is searched for filesystems to mount BEFORE networking is up and running.

You didn't mention which distro you are using, so I'm not sure what you can change to force your NFS filesystems to get mounted. I'm looking at an Ubuntu Feisty machine, and it looks like there's a 'waitnfs' script that gets run AFTER networking, that is supposed to take a 2nd pass at the /etc/fstab, and mount the NFS filesystems. I don't know if yours does that or not.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Krsnendu dasa wrote:
How do I get my nfs /home to mount properly at boot time.
I did a reboot and /home was not mounted.
I did mount -a and then it worked.
The mount line I have is:-
192.168.0.253:/home /home   nfs    defaults 0 2