[K12OSN] LDAP and Password Expiry

Hello all,
I've got a machine set up with Matt's SMB-LDAP script serving as a PDC for my windows clients and the LDAP authentication server for my Linux boxes. Everything works as expected on the Windows side, but the password expiry doesn't seem to work on the Linux side. Users get no notification that their password is about to expire. In fact, they get no notification that their password has expired, and are even allowed to log into the Linux desktop with the expired password. When they try to access an NFS or SMB share they're denied access, but with no indication that it's an expiry issue. Is there a way to get a more uniform behavior between the two systems? I would appreciate any feedback.

--

C-ya,
Mark