Re: [K12OSN] idle time logout

On Monday 21 May 2007 08:54:15 am James P. Kinney III wrote:

> autolog is an option:

I've looked at autolog just this weekend but like you said it's only for shell
logons. I

> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=autolog
>
> I don't have a way (yet) to link it with xscreensaver but it will likely
> happen eventually. What needs to happen is to link this through
> xscreensaver and pam so a user has their files closed properly and then
> they are logged off. I'm thinking this should be tied to power
> management timings.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a screensaver that does the logging off
but I haven't thought it all the way through yet. I'm sure there are some
obstacles to get through.

Ray Garza
Coordinator of Computer Services
Speer Memorial Library