Re: [K12OSN] Way OT: scripting help

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

Thanks, Dan. OK, I had considered rsync. If I've set up my system to do automatic authentication for an scp session, does that carry over to rsync (or is the attending ssh covered)? D you understand my question (I just barely do :-) )?

Yes, 'rsync -essh ...' (the default for newer versions) uses the same underlying ssh authentication mechanisms as scp - or an interactive ssh session for that matter. If you have set up ssh key authentication for passwordless access, rsync over ssh will work too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com