Re: [K12OSN] weird maillog

Hey Barry,
I don't have any unknown virtusers.  But I was able to recreate the
same kind of log entry with telnet.  from another connection I did:

telnet [server] 110
user jim@
pass stuff

and the log entry looks the same.

May 23 17:41:30 mail vpopmail[7620]: vchkpw-pop3: vpopmail user not
found jim@:xx.xx.xx.xx

So it's not an internal problem i think, just some bot looking for
valid users.  Still I wonder if I can use somethinkg like fail2ban.  I
have a feeling that's what cause the imap sever error.

Thanks!
Peter