Re: [K12OSN] Windows with Linux

Mel Wade wrote:
> This summer we are planning on converting our system to run on Linux
> LDAP instead of AD.  My biggest concerns are having the services that I
> need for my WinXP systems.  In particular:
>
> * Windows Updates

Turn on automatic updates and forget about it. ;-)

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/PolicyMgmt.html

> * Logon/Logoff scripts

Look at the sample netlogon share in smb.conf and also "man smb.conf"
looking at the logon script parameters.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services