Re: [K12OSN] Client Ram

On 5/23/07, Terrell Prude' Jr. <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:
I've found that you only need 32MB DRAM on your clients.  For several
years, up to and including today, I run Pentium-166 clients with 32MB
DRAM, and no, I don't have NFS swap turned on.  Not once has a client
died on me...and I run a whole lot of Firefox sessions and other things,
simultaneously, on one client (OpenOffice.org, The GIMP, multiple
Konqueror sessions, GAIM, etc.).  Remember, this stuff runs on the
server, not the client.  Heck, I've run ancient Power Mac 5260 and Power
Mac 5500 clients with 32MB DRAM, and they work just fine.  So you're
certainly safe with 64MB DRAM in your iPaqs

Curious Terrell, on your 32MB client:
what color depth were you using?
what kind of video card were you using?
how much ram did the video card have?