Re: [K12OSN] Client Ram

On 5/24/07, James P. Kinney III <jkinney localnetsolutions com> wrote:
Hmm. Unless firefox is using the xserver to manage caching...

I have firefox open (not running a TC environment) and xorg has ~98MB
and firefox has ~109MB. I opened another firefox window and loaded up a
bunch of new tabs with different web pages with graphics and my xorg
went to 118MB and firefox went to 115MB. It looks like it is directly
accessing the xorg process.

Firefox pixmaps are stored uncompressed in RAM by the X server.

http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/news-2005-11.html#moz-images

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services