Re: [K12OSN] sudden appearance of grey X

Julius,

Have you gone through the gray-screen troubleshooting guide on the wiki?

  http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-GrayScreen

There's plenty of things you can do via SSH to troubleshoot this problem.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
Dear Folks,
	I am stumped. A server that has been happily running K12 V6
rebelled after reboot. I don't get login screens on teminals nor on VNC
access. No files appear to be changed. xdm-conf is allowing management,
hosts file is fine, stopping iptables doesn't help, switching to kdm
doesn't help. The users are screaming and I am home sick. Ideas, please,
pretty please.
julius

p.s. the server is 1600 miles away from me :-)