Re: [K12OSN] sudden appearance of grey X

Julius,

This is the point where I bring out the big guns.

    tcpdump -i eth0 port 177

Then, have someone turn on a thin client, and watch the traffic.

You should see the request from the client, and then a reply from the server. If the server is refusing to manage the client, then you should see a message to that effect.

If you want me to take a look at the output, then do:

    tcpdump -i eth0 -s0 -w /tmp/tcpdump.out port 177

and email me the binary file as an attachment.

I'll be in and out most of today (saturday).

Jim.