Re: [K12OSN] Sanity check needed before rollout

On May 29, 2007, at 12:47 PM, john wrote:
1) What am I missing, forgetting etc?

The file server worries me, not because of horsepower or RAM, but because you don't mention drive speed. The file server should be able to do a lot of continuous seek/write operations, and I've only ever had luck with SCSI for that. Others may like SATA, but I haven't had the experience to say either way.

2) Do I need a "real" server doing RAID 5 or whatever for the LDAP Backend

Not for the LDAP part, but possibly for the file serving.

3) Am I REALLY off base with my proposed setup?

Sounds pretty good to me, as long as the file serving stuff is up to snuff. I have zero experience with LDAP/AD so I don't know if what you propose is the best, I'll leave that to smarter folks than me. :)

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director