[K12OSN] DevonIT 6030p X term hangs on certain resolutions using LTSP

I have to restart client about 4x / day when at higher resolutions
(1280x1024). It works fine for a while, but it seems after it's left
idle for a a couple hours, it hangs after a few subsequent operations.

If I have the edubuntu (7.04) login screen, it doesn't hang (I assume
lower resolution).

when hung, there's no mouse activity, CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is hung too.
other terminals on same network are fine when one terminal is hung.

happens on both LCD and CRTs

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.