[K12OSN] Problem with usb sticks on K12ltsp 6.0

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Fri Nov 2 14:05:29 UTC 2007

We are running k12ltsp 6.0 and are having a problem with usb sticks. The
probem is flash drives work just fine if a student accesses them through
DRIVES and the proper folder. However, when a student attaches a flash
drive, a shortcut also appears on the desktop.  If a student tries to
save through the Desktop path instead of the DRIVES path, there's a
general I/O error.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or is there a setting I can
change so that the shortcut doesn't appear on the Desktop?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

John Hansknecht