[K12OSN] SATA driver for K12LTSP 6, help needed.

Dagfinn Stangeland jodgipost at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:37:03 UTC 2007

I've built a new server on the ASUS PK-V mainboard and I'm having trouble
installing K12LTSP 6  on it.
The trouble seems to be the sata driver for the interface the DVD player is
installed on.

Fedora 7 and 8 installs fine along with later *buntus, so the hardware works
with the latest distros.

When I try to install K12LTSP 6  and the EL variant the anaconda (is it?)
installer asks for a driver for the optical drive, and won't continue.

When I look at the 'buntu "hardware information" the interface/bus the
optical drive is installed on is listed as:

Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) 2 port SATA IDE controller
> info.linux.driver - ata_piix

*What driver do i need to install K12LTSP6 and where can I find it?
*
I can be described as a hobbyist at best, so I'm having difficulty with
these low level problems

--
Dagfinn Stangeland