[K12OSN] SATA driver for K12LTSP 6, help needed.

Dagfinn Stangeland jodgipost at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:57:49 UTC 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 3:42 PM, Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/11/2007, Dagfinn Stangeland <jodgipost at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > When I try to install K12LTSP 6  and the EL variant the anaconda (is
> it?)
> > installer asks for a driver for the optical drive, and won't continue.
> >

> Try passing on some additional parameters like noapic at the boot
> time. Some times this works.
> --
> Regards,
> Sudev Barar

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to type "linux noapic" and "linux noprobe noapic" at boot time, as
you suggested.
The installer still asks for a driver and "Intel PIIX/ICH ATA controllers
(ata-piix)" is present on the list of drivers.
When I choose that driver the installer responds "can't find any devices for
that driver...".
Then back to the driver selection dialog.

I know little of such boot time parameters, and though I found a list of
such parameters, I'm unable to discern which parameters could be useful for
my problem.

Obviously, the DVD drive works up to that point in whatever mode that is.
Is there any way of continuing the installation in that mode?
Could I pull the (unknown) needed driver off the fedora 7 or 8 install media
and use that via an usb memory stick?

Regards,
Dagfinn Stangeland