[K12OSN] Beagle got lost!

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:10:06 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 9:26 AM, Jim Christiansen <jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a bit of searching I've come to the realization that beagle is missing
> from both RH EL5 and Centos5.  Could this be true?

Not 100% sure but I vaguely remember Redhat not wanting to ship Mono.
Think Miguel de Icaza and Novell.  Beagle is built on Mono (a .NET
port). After Novell signed their infamous pact with MS and the patent
sabre rattleing began I think Redhat did not want Fedora to ship Mono
but Fedora did anyway. Remember though RHEL5 uses pretty much the same
libs as FC6.

--
Robert Arkiletian