[K12OSN] Re: cran.r-project - making header/libs for readline available for configure

Paul Karrel pkarrel at trentu.ca
Wed Nov 28 18:32:35 UTC 2007

  11. Re: cran.r-project \How do I resolve the symbol BC in
      readline.so.5 (Nils Breunese)
 Hi
thanks for the suggestion; I installed R from source but ran into a problem concerning the readline libraries. Specifically I could only invoke
./configure -with--noreadline as a parameter . The error message  says that readline header\libs is unavailable. Previous to compiling the program I installed  readline & readline dev, (via yum), I think they installed properly because all the editing function are available in a terminal session. MY question is what are header/libs and how can I setup my system so that the configure process can find them?

Message: 11