[K12OSN] Linux, Windows, and my DNS troubles

Shane Sammons shane.sammons at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 01:09:10 UTC 2007

Hi all, it turns out the issue was not the DNS, but instead the barracuda
filter that was stopping the DNS resolution, I am not sure why it did not
show the DNS request in Wireshark. However, I was getting upset and starting
just simplifying the network and took a piece of the equation and tried it
and finally came down to the content filter/spyware firewall.

I will see what other issues crop up. Thank you all for the suggestions to
try so far. Tomorrow I get to see how things run without that in place and
then try and put it back in.

Shane